kausifer

Asariel's High Priest Guide

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys this is Asariel from Akatsuki Guild.

Im going to write my first guide on SuccessRO forums and i will be covering extensively on how to play a decent priest. The server is really priest deprived and i hope this guide will motivate and help you as priests.

So let get started....

High_Priest.png

Introduction:

High Priests/Priestesses are the the most support in Ragnarok. It is relatively easy to play a priest.However, it is extremely challenging to play a good one.

This guide would mainly cover about the kind of skills you need and how to gear up your character from scratch.

Builds:

It is very important for a priest to understand what your build is capable of and what are its limitations.There can be a total of 3 major builds mainly:

• The Full Support High  Priest
  • The ME High Priest
  • The Battle High Priest

We will focus on The Support High Priest for this guide.

Player Vs Monster Support Priest:

Stats 99/70

Picture3.png

We will justify these stats after the equip section is completed.

Skills: 1st Job 50

Skills: 2nd Job 70

Gears:(Economy) Please note Higher the upgrade better is the item.

• Head: Ulles Cap[1](4-8m)
  • Mid: Any(Defence)
  • Lower: (Any)
  • Armour:Odin's Blessing[1]( 2-3m)
  • Weapon: Principles of Magic[2](300-500k)
  • Shield: Buckler[1](300-600k)
  • Garment: Vali's Manteau(1.5m-3m)
  • Shoes: Vidar Boots(3-4m)
  • Accesory 1: Safety Ring (3-4m)
  • Accesory 2: Clip[1](300-500k)

Remarks:

These are very cheap and basic equipment for your priest You will be running two set combos with these gears and would grant you SP cost reduction and SP Regeneration.

• Ulles+ Odin Armour Set: Sp Consumption -10%
  • Vali's Manteau+VidarBoots+ Odins Blessing set: Vit + 5 and HP/SP Recovery +10%
  • Principles of Magic: +5% Sp recovery Int +3

Gears:(End Game) Please note Higher the upgrade better is the item.

Head: Witch Hat/Anubis Hat(Donation items)

Mid: Robo Eyes(Donation Items)

Lower: Spiked Scarf/Rainbow Scarf(Donation Item)

Armour: Valkyrian Armour[1]/D.Robe[1]/Glittering Jacket[1][Dex+3]

Garment: Diablos Manteau[1]/WoolScarf[1]

Shoes: Diablo Shoes[1]/Tidal Shoes[1]

Shield: Orleans Shield[1]/Valkyrie Shield[1]/Platinum Shield/Strong Shield[1]'s

Weapon: Survivors Rod[1]/Long Mace

Accesory 1: Orleans Glove[1]

Accesory 2 : Glove[1]/Necklace[1]

Cards:

Very Important:

1) Bathory Card

2) Thara Card

3) Khalitzburg Card

4) Phen Card

5)  Marc Card

6) Alice Card

7) Horn Card

8) Noxious Card

9) Raydric Card

10) Penomena Card

11) Zerom Card

12) Swordfish Card

Optional/Luxury:

1) All shield type cards with racial and size reductions

2) Mistress Card

3) Bascojin Card

4) Eddga Card

5) Tao Gunka Card

6) Deviling Card

7) Angeling Card

8) Ghostring Card

9) Sandman Card

10) Dokaebi Card

Strategies:

Basics:

• Your focus is to get as much dex as possible from stats and some equipments.  you will be possessing very high cast speed+Phen card. Your skills will have no  interruptions. This is the cornerstone of a very good high priest.
  • Also,you can tank forever some MVPS and  single target Damage no matter how hard they hit by Spamming Safetywall.
  • If you take 99 vit rather than dex your tanking or mobbing skills will be limited upto the duration of your Assumptio Skills. However, If your Cast is very high u can mob endlessly.
  • Always keep Assumptio active on your priest and be very tanky.
  • Always Blessing first then Agi up as Blessing has a faster animation and you get 10 dex which will make your agi up cast faster.
  • Use Alt+Z to open party window while playing High priest and Buff yourself first then buff everyone from top to bottom. This ensures no party member has to ask for buffs as your buffs expire before everyone. This would be nice indication for you to start rebuffing the party. This is VERY IMPORTANT for your  Effective SP utilization.

Safetywall Tanking:

Picture10.png

Safetywall+Sanctuary Combo:

Safetywall first then cast sanctuary 3 Cells behind you just so that the you get healed while sanctuary and the monster does not.

Picture11.png

Conclusion:

Priests are definitely a very fun class to play and get popular in the game. With that i come to the end of this Success RO Guide. I will be making more guides in future on different formats of the game and different classes. 

Kindly feel free to ask any queries that you may have in the comments below.

Thank you.

1st Job Skill.jpg

Picture5.jpg

Edited by kausifer
5 people like this

Personally I think 1 Clip with creamy card wont make you use 8 skill points for Pneuma. I personally think its useless unless its pvp against sniper. You can try to max out angelus as it does help considerably. All in all good guide. 

PS. What I say is my opinion and I do not care for yours.

poster-1470944176018_big.png

Pretty good!

One thing I would add is stressing the importance of dividing work between other priests and yourself.

2 hours ago, bloodymassacre said:

Personally I think 1 Clip with creamy card wont make you use 8 skill points for Pneuma. I personally think its useless unless its pvp against sniper. You can try to max out angelus as it does help considerably. All in all good guide. 

Pneuma is a staple in a PvM build imo. Especialy against any stronger MvP with an AOE attack, or simply strong ranged mobs, or plain ol'Shecil. You are suggesting, that sacrificing your accessory slot, Pneuma, Warp and Teleport is worth it for the additional 35% VIT DEF in a PvM scenario. See the problem? Not many people have mass VIT there. 

Approaching it another way: Not having Pneuma (and a accessory slot) is a way bigger limitation than not having 35% more VIT DEF. 

I may not have the experience to back this up, so correct me if I'm wrong.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, aKai said:

Pretty good!

One thing I would add is stressing the importance of dividing work between other priests and yourself.

Pneuma is a staple in a PvM build imo. Especialy against any stronger MvP with an AOE attack, or simply strong ranged mobs, or plain ol'Shecil. You are suggesting, that sacrificing your accessory slot, Pneuma, Warp and Teleport is worth it for the additional 35% VIT DEF in a PvM scenario. See the problem? Not many people have mass VIT there. 

Approaching it another way: Not having Pneuma (and a accessory slot) is a way bigger limitation than not having 35% more VIT DEF. 

Like I said it was my opinion from observation that in our current scenarios... For woe with so many aspd snipers I love the idea. But lets be honest the MVP's people do currently are not that hard. Keil itself is like a once in a time thing. I don not disagree but people do abbey only at the moment and in general small MVP like gopi and tendril. I stand by asa if people were trying for bow guardian farm and Bio 3 but not in our current situation

Edited by bloodymassacre
2 people like this

+1 for this, will up my stalker guide since no one plays stalker(only me) :ph34r:

3 people like this

Pneuma is very important.No matter how high def or vit u have u wont be able tank any damage from high level monsters or boss.Having skills like SW and pneuma is very helpful to bypass all the damage instead of just tanking it.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Sy Devore said:

+1 for this, will up my stalker guide since no one plays stalker(only me) :ph34r:

I will make a biochemist and sniper and high wiz guide xD

2 people like this

17 hours ago, aKai said:

Pretty good!

Thanks Akai. I couldn't have said it well myself. 

Let us understand how Defence works for for e.g your def is 50+90( Please note this does not mean your defence is 140) and lets take a monster  for example say an  Abysmal Knight which deals 1000 Per attack on the player.

First damage reduction is from the equipped defence(50+XX)which reduces on percentage basis so 50% of 1000= 500 damage. After which the soft defence of vit comes into play(XX+90 and reduces additional 90 damage. so the final damage reduction would be (1000-500)-90= 390 Damage.

Additionally, the bonus vit that angelus provides does not increase your HP whatsoever as expected from Bonus vit from stats or equipments. It just gives soft defence. it is much viable for a  Full tank steelbody champion with 99vit to take a lvl 10 angelus(300sec duration) than priests. As it would synergize with the duration of Steelbody.

For high priests lvl 3 lasts 90 secs which is more than sufficient duration for the spell.

Moreover,  A priest only takes angelus to gain  Vit defence  from status effect like curse, silence and stun(77+33 Vit= 100 Vit, which means 100% immune to some status effects). It will barely make any difference  in terms of tankability when we have monsters that go on Beserk and Two hand quicken like Thanatos odium and Sword Guardian. They will still do considerable damage no matter your vit. 

In my opinion, Id rather not get hit at all then get hit less. That is exactly what skills like Safetywall and Pneuma is designed for and should be primarily relied upon. Vit and armour defence comes as last resort defence to soak damage.

Pneuma is a bread and butter priest skill. Angelus  is only effective if you have a decent vit which most classes apart from tanks and some priest do not have.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, kausifer said:

so the final damage reduction would be (1000-500)-90= 390 Damage.

isn't it 410? 1000 - 500 = 500 - 90 = 410. anyway. just here to pretend to be a perfectionist uauhauhuahuah